The 2008 EFQUEL Forum on Quality and Innovation in Learning was organized on 16-17 June 2008 in Oeiras, Portugal in the facilities of INA.
The main issue to be discussed in the Forum was “how quality of learning can be achieved with eLearning”. The more precise themes both in the plenary sessions as well as the working groups were:
- Quality as a requirement in the internationalization of education
- Quality as a lever for innovation and change in educational institutions
- Quality approaches and strategies in different countries and cultures
- Quality of learning in informal contexts
- Challenges of Web 2.0 to the quality of learning
- Quality of learning in school education, higher education, adult education and vocational education and training
- Quality of peer production.
The key speakers and facilitators included, among others, Ms. Nancy White, Dr. Ulf-Daniel Ehlers, Dr. Claudio Dondi, Dr. Walter Kugemann, Prof. Roberto Carneiro, Dr. Carl Holmberg, Ms. Kirsti Ala-Mutka as well as representatives of European Commission and OECD.