The EFQUEL Innovation Forum 2011 took place in Oeiras in collaboration with INA, the Nationanal Administration Institute. Highlights on the agenda were the four brilliant keynote speakers, but also the various interactive sessions and the CONCEDE pre-conference event on User Generated Content that attracted over 80 participants.
- Wayne Mackintosh
- Asha Kanwar
- Yves Punie
- Steve Wheeler
Results and highlights
Also important attention was given to higher education and quality use of ICT in higher education, not only through the various projects that were involved in this topic (CONCEDE, OPAL, OERTest, SEVAQ+) but also via the special session on UNIQUe quality criteria and how to create excellence in the use of ICT in Higher Education, with the support of one of our members, AKKORK.
On schools level, the Lieve Van den Brande presented “A new way to overcome the
large implementation gap of ICT in education: pilot experimentations called ‘Creative Learning Environments’ and attention was given to what factors makes virtual schools and colleges successfully, via contributions from members from the VISCED project.
Attention was also given to informal learning initiatives, linking them with formal learning systems. Case studies as P2PU, Open Badges project and Open Study were presented via a live video conference connection.
iIn the session “Getting real about games, separating meaningful learning from the
hype”.Scot Osterweil (creative director of the Education Arcade @ MIT) presented his vision on education and how games can be used for meaningful purposes.
EIF2011 the movie…
- Download the forum booklet and read about the sessions, the keynote speakers and the side activities
- Find highlights and pictures on Scoop It
- Chahira’s audioboo contains audio recordings and short interviews with forum participants
- Pictures and interesting links to content presented at the conference, available on the EFQUEL facebook page
- Pictures of the graphical facilitation results (the posters developed during the keynotes and policy sessions) on Flickr
Recordings from the fully virtual interactive session with the Open Badges project, Peer to Peer University and OERuniversity
The members of the programme committee were
- Ulf-Daniel Ehlers (Chair)
- Roberto Carneiro (Honors Chair of the Programme Committee)
- Teresa Salis Gomes
- Carl Holmberg
- Claudio Dondi
- Eileen Brennan Freeman
- Alastair Creelman
- Anne-Marie Boonen
- Walter Kugemann